Poland -Silesia - Ceska republic
I have done research in the oldest evangelical metrical books for the nearest villages and small cities from Głubczyce. All metrical books are part of collections of Evangelical metrical books stored in State Archives in Wrocław.
I. Nimptsch/ Niemcza 1569- 1750; about 50 miles from Głubczyce.
1939 3523 (16,24 km˛)
1961 3557 (19,25 km˛)
Historical information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niemcza.
In the three metrical books from Niemcza 1569-1750 I have found fifteen persons under the name of Rotter, three persons under the name of Rotterman and one person under the name Roder.
Baptisms book 1621- 1700
1. Maria Rotter. Page 94 Date of birth 18 September 1643. Daughter of labourer Adamus and Anna
2. Georgius Rotter. Page 98 Date of birth 6 January 1644. Son of labourer Caspar Baltazar Rotter and Rofina
3. Michael Rotter. Page 332 Date of birth 28 July 1665. Son of burgher Winfred and Suzanna
4.Daniel Rotter. Page 512 Date of birth 1 January 1678. Son of labourer Wilhelm and Suzanna
5. Rofina Rotter. Page 577 Date of birth November 1682. Daughter of burgher Melchior and Maria
6. Wilhelm Rotter. Page 604. Date of birth 7 July 1684. Son of labourer Johann and Edelfina
Baptisms book 1702- 1706
7. Melhior Rotter. Page 193 Date of birth February 1702. Son of labourer Baltazar and Suzanna.
8. Johann George Rotter. Page 307 Date of birth May 1703. Son of craftsman Johann and Anna Maria
Baptisms book 1707-1745
9. Johanna Rofina Rotter . Page 11 Date of birth 28 June 1706. Daughter of burgher Melhior and Maria
10. Anna Maria Rotter. Page 18 Date of birth 17 september 1708. Daughter of laborer Jacub and Anna Maria
11. Anna Maria Rotter. Page 173 Date of birth 24 March 1714. Daughter of craftsman George and Wilhelmena
12. Anna Rofina Rotter. Page 193 Date of birth 22 February 1715. Daughter of laborer Jacob and his wife Anna Maria.
13. Gottlieb Rotter. Page 370 Date of birth 28 August 1721. Son of craftsman George and his wife Wilhelmena.
14. Gottlieb Rotter . Page 964 Date of birth 27 January 1744. Son of burgher from Niemcza Xawier and Anna Maria.
15. Maria Elizabeth Rotter. Page 99 Date of birth 19 May 1745. Daughter of Ludwik and Anna Georgina.
I have also found four people under the name of Rottman.
1. Daniel Rottman .Page 5 Date of birth 8 January 1629. Son of burgher Johan Casper and Susanna .
2. Susanna Rottman. Page 42 Date of birth 1 September 1638. Daughter of burgher Johan Casper and Susanna
3. Maria Rottman. Page 320 Date of birth 15 January 1665. Daughter of laborer Christoff and his wife Eva.
4. Anna Teresa Roder. Page 807 Date of birth 5 December 1702 .Daughter of craftsman Gunter and his wife Magdalena.
During my work with metrical books from Niemcza I have not found any surnames like Roetter, Rader or Rother.
II. Adelsdorf/ Zagrodno is a village in Złotoryja County, in south western Poland. About 83 miles from Głubczyce.
I have not found in metrical books (baptisms) for Adelsdorf 1701- 1733 any people under the name of Rotter, Roder, Rader etc.
The same result in death register for Zagrodno 1701-1745.
III. Goldberg/ Złotoryja is a town in Lower Silesia Voivodeship in southwestern Poland.
I have not found in metrical books (baptisms) for Goldberg 1724-1765 any people under the name of Rotter, Roder, Rader etc.
IV. Schawoine/ Zawonia about 80 miles from Głubczyce
I have search in two metrical books 1708-1738 (baptisms) and 1739- 1766(babtisms)
I found three persons under the name of Roder and Rutter
Christof Roder. Page 11
Date of birth May 1709. Son of Johannes and Maria, a peasants from Zawonia village.
Christof Roder. Page 15
Date of birth March 1710. Son of Johannes and Zofia, a peasants from Zawonia village.
George Rutter. Page 30
Date of birth 28 May1743. Son of Johannes and Maria, a peasants from Zawonia
V. Bankau/Bąków. About 50 miles from Głubczyce.
I have search in two metrical books from 1680 till 1764.
From the records for Bankau village looks like 85% citizen were polish origin.
I did not find any surnames like Rotter, Roetter, Rader, etc. It was quite a lot of records under the name of Rokot, Rokocik and Rador.
VI. Wrocław. Funeral book (1722-1766) from St.Mathew and St.Agnes parish cemetery.
Those metrical books which I checked are the oldest evangelical metrical books for the Lower Silesia Voivodeship in State Archives in Wrocław. Many books were destroyed during and after World War II . The research can be also done in catholic metrical books and tax register books.
If you are satisfied with my work I am ready to carry out research in Opole.